Laksa Hut

Laksa Hut, Toowong

Too lazy to drive down to Sunnybank for some Malaysian or Singaporean dishes, I opt to walk to Toowong to satisfy my urge for a bowl of duck laksa. Back home in Malaysia, laksa aka 'asam laksa' is made of fish broth and is usually accompanied by thick rice noodles, vegetables, cucumbers, onions, pineapple and a dash of prawn shrimp paste. But the laksa here is actually known as 'curry mee' back home; which is a coconut-based curry soup. 

The restaurant, Laksa Hut has been around for so many years and is famous for its curry laksa, hence the shop's name. Eating there will bring you back home, sort of... The shop is quite small and the tables are placed in the alleyway, thus the feeling of having 'hawker food'.


Laksa Hut's Menu
I wanted the duck laksa but too bad, it was sold out that night. So, I opt for the seafood laksa.


Seafood Laksa - $ 13.50 ? I can't remember the exact price now
In this seafood laksa, there were pieces of fish, squid, fish cake, prawns and tofu. To me, the portion is huge and I was struggling to finish the whole bowl. I think the laksa was pretty good, maybe a tinge too heavy on the coconut milk but the flavour was good. It was nice to have something warm and quite spicy on a cold winter's night.





Laksa Hut on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove