PourBoy Espresso

PourBoy Espresso, Brisbane CBD

I have been itching to go somewhere for breakfast and I know that PourBoy Espresso has been 'Talk of the Town' for ages. The night before I asked G whether she has been to PourBoy and what would she recommend? Coincidentally, she said that she is going to PourBoy too in the morning. Yay! *Hungry minds think alike*

So, we made our way to PourBoy at about 9.15 am. G told me beforehand, the cafe is very simple and don't expect too much about their settings. She's right! It looks kinda plain but the workers there are very friendly. Known for their good coffee (G concur!), I ordered flat white and G, her usual cappuccino.

Skinny Flat white - $4

Cappuccino - $4
As confirmed by G (better coffee expert than I am), the coffees were good. They were smooth and strong. Near morning tea, you can see a throng of officeworkers waiting for their coffees. Oh man, I feel so underdressed in that cafe; most people with their officewear...

For breakfast meals, I ordered the 'Croque Madame':
Croque Madame - $12
with melted Swiss cheese, shaved Bangalow ham, poached egg and Dijonaisse
The poached egg was served as shown in the pic! Somehow, the chef has sliced it up for me ... * no element of surprise* now if the egg is poached perfectly. It does seem that the egg was a little undercooked to me. Oh well! G said that I should try this dish and she had tried it before and she likes it. I wasn't too crazy about this meal, maybe because of the Dijonaisse sauce (I'm not a big fan of mustard).

G ordered the 'House Made Granolas':
House Made Granolas - $10
with Early Grey Prunes and Pears
Yum! Both of us like this dish... hehe, I keep on stealing some from G's meal to try. Not sure what's in the granola but as I remembered there's rolled oats, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and maybe nuts; all coated with honey. They were crunchy and the sweetness was just right.

We wanted to get some brioche but too bad they don't have them that day. G said that they are really good. Next time I'll definitely return for their coffee, mixed berry muffins ($3.50) and their brioche!



PourBoy Espresso on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove