Pearl Cafe

Pearl Cafe, Woolloogabba
After a few hours of browsing the antique shops in the Gabba with my parents, my tummy started to grumble. LOL, when it comes to antique, my dad's receptor in his stomach will retire momentarily. 

As I want dad to experience the cafe here, I took him to Pearl Cafe. I have not visited Pearl for quite some time and they have changed their sitting arrangement. More spacious and I like it!

Looking at the menu, I sensed some dilemma as my dad is very conservative with his food. I need to find something chinese-oriented and I think that is going to be a dilemma...



Untitled


Dad who rarely drinks coffee or tea, I ordered the lemon and mint drink for him. Oops, too sour but he finished it at the end. Mom had the cappuccino while I had my usual flat white.


Untitled



Untitled


The best option that I have chosen for dad was the 'fish finger' sandwich!

Untitled
'Fish finger' sandwich, crumbed local whiting, cos, tartare, dill, fresh lemon - $16

Let's just say dad had the fish while mom and myself devour what's leftover of his sandwich. As for myself, I have been wanting to try orecchiette (ear-shaped) pasta for a long time now, so I ordered that. 

Untitled
House made orecchiate, tome de chèvre, crisp artichoke, beurre noisette, preserved lemon - $27

The pasta was quite delicious and has crunchy bits to it. The flavour was simple and not too overpowering. Mom enjoyed this dish too.

Well, luckily there were cakes available and I ordered the semolina cake for dad. Just like me or just like him, we both got sweet tooth. He gives a nod for the cake and that means it's delicious.

I think this experience was new for dad and it was fun. Until next time!


Untitled



Pearl on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove