First Pour

First Pour, West End
Well, well, well.... Turning a year older is never easy and I felt like I have not achieve enough over the last year. Anyhow, certainly much has happened since my last birthday including graduating and getting a job. So that is an achievement for me. :)

I was lucky that a colleague swapped his rosters with mine so that I can have a few days off on my birthday. Yay! First up, I want some good caffeine dose and I found it in First Pour. Being a weekday, it was surprisingly difficult to find parking, probably due to the working hours.  

Untitled


It was not busy at all during the morning. I wanted to try something different instead of my usual flat white, and I dare myself to try the 'Chemex' filtered coffee. Lol, remember our science project in school? I feel Chemex filtration coffee is something similar with using the filtered paper while waiting for the purified water to drip down.

That coffee was good. Surprisingly it was smooth, light and quite 'sweet'. I normally like milk in my coffee but this is delectable by it pure self. 

Food choices in First Pour is quite limited and I ordered the toasted sourdough with avocado. 

Toasted sourdough with avocado - $6.50

Do not undermine this simple mashed avocado on toasted sourdough. Somehow, I enjoyed it so much that I want more. The caramelised onions jam were so yummy and that was the first time I tried it together with the avocado. My favourite combination now!

No excuse to not have a dessert on my birthday! So I chose the orange cake...

Orange cake - $5.50


The almond orange cake was really moist and flavourful. I could not finish all of it because I was pretty full by then and was overwhelmed by the sweetness after finishing my coffee.

First Pour is certainly a great start for my birthday! :)



First Pour on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove