REVIEW: Billy Kart

Billykart, West End
Billykart West End, is the second establishment by celebrity chef Ben O'Donoghue and it was opened sometime late last year. I was stoked to be able to have dinner here (twice now) and both dining experiences left me wanting more... 

We were there last year as part of my hen's night celebration. Together with my girls, we  had dinner prior to our sip & paint session in Cork and Chroma. I love the modern and contemporary design of the restaurant; and with its open kitchen the food preparation and cooking process was a view itself.

Everything on the menu looks so tempting and as we were starving, we quickly ordered a starter which was the 'bread and dip' equivalent

Untitled

Having tried the lamb in the past with Simco, in this second visit I opted for the baked fish. The fish was cooked well, and was tender and flavourful. I certainly enjoyed my meal and I believe the girls enjoyed their food as well. 


Untitled
Lamb


Untitled
Fish

Untitled
Chicken

BUT, I would have to say that we were all in agreement that the truffle fries were the best. The fries cooked to perfection, crispy and topped with freshly shaved parmesan cheese and some truffle salts... Oh gosh, there was certainly no regrets ordering two serve of fries! 

Untitled
Truffle fries
As we were rushing to head over to Cork and Chroma, there was no time for dessert. I managed to try one of their dessert in my first trip and had the Banoffee and quite enjoy the deconstructed dessert. Well, I certainly had a good time here and looking forward to returning!

Untitled
Billykart Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove