Switzerland

Finally we arrived in Switzerland during the night. I don’t think Swiss drivers are friendly at all. There was a driver who honked at us and pointed ‘the finger’ at us. Totally not our fault, we had to stop suddenly before the zebra crossing for an old lady to walk by. He was behind us and wasn’t happy that we stopped. He followed us behind and later drove pass us ‘cursing’ us.  Anyway, we quickly find a hotel to rest for the night and had McD for dinner. That’s right! We actually went to a restaurant nearby and waited for about 30 minutes but no one serve us at all. Hmmm, second ‘bad’ experience in a row!

Rhine Falls
The next morning, we drove to Rhine Fall. It was snowing heavily the night before and the drive there wasn’t easy. Reached Rhine Fall and we were the only visitors there (free). Was it worth it? It’s OK.

My brother and me throwing snowballs!
It seems like we (more like me) have been ‘transformed’ to little kids throwing snowball at each other. [In other occasion, I remembered that my cousin sister cried when we hit her with snowball, it was quite funny that time]. I should have worn a waterproof gloves, my fingers were freezing cold and numb later. From here, we moved on to Lucerne. We did not go to Mount Titlis as the weather was not promising (still snowing heavily). 


Lion Monument
In Lucerne, we visited the Lion Monument. I have to say the lion looks pretty sad.


From the Lion Monument, we walked to the Old Town and had lunch there. I think that was the happiest moment I had in Switzerland. Cheese fondue for lunch at Fondue House!


There wasn’t any customer when we walked into the restaurant. Does that mean it is a bad sign? Do you know that there are rules when ordering in this restaurant? I was beginning to ‘dislike’ Switzerland. But, I told myself to relax because I REALLY WANT to eat cheese fondue. Since there were three of us, the waitress said that we need to order three meals and if not, we have to pay the sharing price. We worked it out and calculated that it is better if we order one meal each. There was no tap water served so we had to order a drink. It seems like this is the only country (or maybe just this restaurant) that don’t serve tap water. Waited for nearly 45 minutes before the meals arrived.


Yay, the food finally came! Look at me, I was estatic. We had two kinds of cheese fondue (one normal and the one with tomato based) and the one on the right was a pasta.  The fondues came together with bread and potatoes.  If you want any other sides (eg vegetables or chicken), you have to pay extra. It was really good, my brother and I love cheese so it was delicious for us. As for mom, she don’t really like food with milk/cheese (that’s why we ordered the pasta), we kept on asking her whether she was all right. We were so full after that although we still have some cheese leftover. Mom said that she will buy us this lunch, it was really expensive (at least 100 euros = RM 500). Was it worth it? Considering the price and the long wait? Definitely a must-try but probably wouldn’t go back there in the future. I better start learning how to make cheese fondue.

After lunch, we walked around the Old Town trying to find a bridge but it was snowing really heavily after that. We left the umbrellas in the car and we were soaking wet after that. =(
From Lucerne, we continued our journey to France, going to visit my cousin who is currently studying there. Our bad luck seemed to continue! Super traffic jam.... we were at the same position for at least three hours! Crazy! A person like me with a small bladder really need to go to the loo that time... OMG I really did consider just peeing by the side of the road BUT i can't be half naked in front of so many drivers!


Well, there was another guy who couldn't control his bladder!  Hehe! 
We finally arrived Rouen, France about 2 am.... Poor cousin who stayed awake waiting for us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove