Tea Master

Tea Master, Fortitude Valley

I was at home preparing dinner before I got a surprise invite to go to Tea Master (which serves vegetarian food only) in the Valley. Oh well... my fried rice can wait! This was another visit after purchasing a voucher deal for $19 that includes 2 of entrees, main and drinks.

It was a Friday night and it was so packed! Therefore, booking is highly recommended. Looking through the menu, they have so much on offer and it was so difficult to decide! 

For starters, we had:

1) Mixed braised dried beancurd, seaweed and vege mince roll ($4.90)


IMG_1628

This is more of a cold entree. The tofu was soft and fresh. I think both of us don't fancy the seaweed. It was quite slimy and I much prefer the dry seaweed.

2) Deep fried veggie chicken with pepper and salt ($4.90)


IMG_1629

I quite like this dish, crispy-ly fried mock chicken! Maybe an alternative to KFC for those who are vegetarian. :)

Hehe, still feeling tempted by their menu, we ordered extra starters (which need to be paid extra). 

3) Handmade dumplings - 10 pieces ($5.90)


IMG_1633

The dumplings were filled with vegetables mostly carrots and cabbage. They weren't too bad but my dining counterpart commented that my own homemade dumplings were way better! :)

4) Deep fried bun roll with condensed milk ($3.90)


IMG_1632

I could not resist some sweet temptations and ordered the fried bun roll with condensed milk. This is probably not as healthy but it was quite delicious; with its crispy edges and sweetness from the condensed milk.

Finally, one tea egg ($1.10) for myself!


IMG_1631

For the mains, we had:

IMG_1630
Vegetarian Roasted Duck Noodle -$8.90

IMG_1627
Three Cups Chicken with rice - $9.80

Both mains were quite delicious (although the 'meat' serving can be quite little). I think my favourite of the two was the chicken, the sauce was flavourful from the basil, sesame oil, soy sauce and cooking wine (hence the three cups origin). The duck noodle was good too.

For our drinks, we ordered the bubble tea. Overall, we had an enjoyable dining experience in Tea Master. I think this voucher was worth the deal for the price of $19. However, sometimes there can be communication problem with the staff members, so it is a wise to re-confirm your orders. Otherwise, all good!


Tea Master on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove