Anouk

Anouk, Paddington

Last month was one of my busiest time of the year with work and especially with moving house! I have finally settled into the new place but the lack of internet is driving me a little crazy and hence the absence of new post!

I have visited Anouk twice this year in such a short period of time. First occasion with Lainey and second with my family members when they visited me here Down Under.

And on both occasions, we tried their 'potato and courgette rosti, sweet corn and tomato ragu with sour cream'. We love it! The rosti was crunchy and the sauce accompanying it was excellent.

Untitled


I tried their 'polenta bilini with smoked salmon, chive cream fraiche and cress' on my outing with Lainey. I do like this dish but my counterpart said otherwise. The flavours in this dish are more subtle and not as strong as the tomato ragu; but certainly a light and delicious dish.


Untitled

One of the highlight for me in this trip was the ability to teach grandma to order her own cup of latte! Grandma managed to order one with her version 'lap te' (in Hokkien) and it sounded good enough for the waitress. Very proud of you 'popo'!
Our two other dishes were the 'poached eggs with tomato, hollandaise and turkish bread', which I think was only all right... Nothing extraordinary here.

Untitled


The 'creamy mushroom tapenade on ciabatta, dried tomato, olives, fetta and sumac' had quite interesting combination and we don't mind it.


Untitled


Overall, we had good times here in Anouk in both occasions. 


  Anouk on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove