The Priory

The Priory, Woolloongabba
I have heard so much of The Priory and the Mr finally had a weekend off from work and we went over there for breakfast. As we were fairly new to the area, we just parked on the next street and walked there, not knowing there is on-site parking. I certainly utilised the free parking on my second visit.

You could smell the fresh paint upon entering The Priory. The design and layout are fresh and clean. It was not busy that morning, and we got seated fairly quickly and soon made our orders. Their menu is fairly simple with some specials of the day. 


Untitled


The Mr had the 'Eggs Priory' with the beetroot cured ocean trout and I had the 'Pan Fried Mushrooms' as I was craving for mushrooms that day! My chai brewed with milk came in a plunger and I quite enjoyed it, although the chai strength can be stronger.

Untitled


Not long after, our meals arrived and they were presented beautifully. I was certainly satisfied with its portion size, since I was eating for two people! Mr commented that his meal was good, and was happy. 

Untitled


As for my meal, I was more than happy! The smoked cherry tomato compote with chorizo was just so flavourful and with each bite I took, I was just smiling... To me, the meal was just perfect. Yum!

Untitled


On my second visit with MXM on his half-day off, we went to The Priory for lunch. As it was a relatively hot day, I ordered one of their iced tea served with raspberry sorbet and MXM had the freshly squeezed juice. The chilled drinks managed to quench our thirst that day!
Untitled


Trying to avoid soft cheeses, I opted for their chicken burger (without any brie) with sweet potato chips. They were quite good. I think what really stands out for me was the salad.

Untitled


MXM had the Grilled Szechuan Calamari, which was really tender and the Thai inspired salad received much kudos from MXM. 

Untitled


The Priory is one of the cafes that makes me crave their food for more. You have done very well and I will certainly be back, hoping to bring Little G along.



The Priory Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove