Malay House

Malay House, Underwood
I think I may have found my favourite Malaysian restaurant in Brisbane! I have heard of Malay House but because it is located in Underwood, it is quite a travel for us to visit there. Thankfully opportunity arises and together with the in-law we went there for lunch.

It was already quite busy even though we arrived fairly early for lunch. Sharing the meals between four adults, I chose some signature Malaysian dishes to share. Firstly, the chicken satay. The marinade of the chicken satay was quite close to home and feels almost like the ones from home. The chicken was tender and not dry at all. The dipping sauce - peanut sauce was good.

Untitled

Next up was the Hainanese chicken rice and I was blown by it. I think this place serves the best Hainanese chicken rice in Brisbane. I know it is a big call but you have to try it to judge it and let me know. The chicken pieces that they gave us included thigh and breast meat; and they were so tender. What's a good Hainanese chicken rice without the 'rice'? The rice was so good - flavour wise and the four of us agreed. We had to order another bowl of rice because it was that good.

 Untitled


Char koay teow is a baseline dish for me to try in a Malaysian restaurant. The servings here are quite generous and their koay teow is served with prawns, fish ball and I think squid. The flavour is quite good and there was some 'wok hei' present. Overall a good CKT.

Untitled

As I have not had curry laksa for ages, I ordered one and it came with fried wantons, BBQ pork and fish cakes. The curry base soup is quite thick with some spiciness and was flavourful. Yes, another good dish from Malay House. 

Untitled

We left Malay House with praises from my in-laws. I was happy to have some Malaysian hawker food before the start of my confinement. :)  

Malay House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove