Lock 'n' Load

Lock 'n' Load, West End

A meeting with an old friend lead to brunch in Lock 'n' Load. Walking past the bar-like entry, we stepped into a more relaxing environment, the courtyard. Unfortunately, no seats were available up in the verandah.

I had my usual skinny flat white and it was all right. It did not make any lasting impression on me but bear in mind that I visited this place more than a month ago.


Coffee - $3.70
 Michael ordered the Vege loaded:

 
Vege Loaded - $17.50
The 'vege loaded' meal was pretty huge with poached eggs, avocado salsa, hash brown, haloumi, mushrooms and relish.

As for myself, nothing in the breakfast menu jumps up to me and finally I ordered the field mushrooms on sourdough, poached eggs, spinach and hollandaise.

Field Mushrooms - $15
Well, at a glance, I knew that they have overcooked my poached eggs! The yolk is no longer orange-y in colour but yellow. I was disappointed. Each individual components were put together nicely but they lacked in flavour. I need more hollandaise sauce!

Nice atmosphere, good service but 'so-so' food. 


Lock 'n' Load on Urbanspoon

Comments

  1. I had to laugh at your picture... there is hardly any hollandaise on there at all! thats ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was disappointed. I went back for dinner and it was better then ... :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove