Mighty Mighty


Mighty Mighty, Fortitude Valley
Meeting up with Simco has been quite a challenge despite him returning to Brisbane to work since January this year. My current work, in which I had to travel away pretty frequently certainly made things more difficult. Well, after much cross-matching our schedule, we finally made it to dinner at Mighty Mighty, a restaurant that focuses on American BBQ and smokehouse cuisine.

Untitled

Trying to indulge on a variety of food, we started off with the ‘Jalapeno corn bread’. It was pretty good, not overly dry or spicy, and better with its soft, creamy butter. 


Untitled
Jalapeno cornbread
Untitled

Mighty Mighty has a wine and beer list that is very intriguing. Not a beer fan and with reduced alcohol tolerance, I opted for the ginger beer, which in fact was alcoholic. It was gingery and sweet…. As for Simco, he had the Mocha Porter, which has a stronger taste in flavour and he seemed to enjoy it.

Well, now for our mains! The ‘Devil Dripped Pork Ribs’ caught my eye immediately and it was easy for me to make a decision. It was served with Mighty’s signature devilled mop sauce, baked Idaho potato with blue cheese cream and honeyed house bacon. 

Untitled
Devil Dripped Pork Ribs
I love my pork ribs! The meat was so tender that it came off the bone easily. I enjoyed the mop sauce, which I could not decipher exactly what was the flavour, but it was quite zesty, tangy and tomatoey flavour. Simco was not a fan of the mop sauce or the coleslaw, and he kept commenting my baked potato was a hit! The baked potato had the fluffy consistency and delicious with the cream and bacon pieces.

Untitled
Mighty Mighty Smoked Beef Brisket
As for him, he had the ‘Mighty Mighty Smoked Beef Brisket’, with BBQ sauce, potato, bacon and chive salad, with some pickles. His beef brisket was cooked really well, tender and juicy. My Mr has been training me to eat beef, and I allowed myself to try some of Simco’s beef brisket. Ouch, he gave me a small slab that contained mostly fat, and after my polite stare, he gave me the real meat, which tasted pretty good.

Untitled
Green Beans
We ordered a vegetable side dish; green beans with tomato relish and I enjoyed the crunch of the beans with the relish. Yummy!
Overall, we had an enjoyable time here at Mighty Mighty. The food was delicious and for those who are interested in beer, they do have lots of choices available. The only downside was an ‘over-attentive’ waiter, who approached our table every few minutes or so to have a chat with us, in the midst of our conversation! We both find that a little annoying. Otherwise, it was a good dinner. 

       Click to add a blog post for Mighty Mighty on Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove