Longtime

Longtime, Fortitude Valley
Longtime has been on my wishlist for a very long time and finally, I had the chance to visit it with MXM, who is a frequent diner here. He must have tried almost all of Longtime's cocktails! Hehe! While he prefers a hint of chilli in his drink, I opted for something more refreshing with no alcohol. We sipped on our drinks outside while waiting to be seated.

Untitled

Luckily after about 30 minutes wait, we got our seat on the kitchen bench and it was exciting watching all the calm actions in the kitchen. Our friendly bartender/waitstaff had our order and I could not wait for our meals to arrive!

Untitled

First up were the Longtime's bao (chicken, pork and soft shell crab). I did not try the soft shell crab bao because crab is considered a 'no no' in pregnancy having afraid that the baby will have 11 fingers!! Well, I had some during first trimester and Little G has 10 toes and 10 fingers... Back to their baos: They were pretty small in size and I thought the flavour was all right. I was not blown away by their baos though.

Untitled
Longtime Bao Burger

We ordered three dishes to share and as per MXM's recommendation, we need to try their beef cheek curry and the red rice stir fry. We also added the eggnet salad and I believe the protein in the salad was duck at that time. Our meals arrived one after the other and filled the pretty narrow table. Well, hunger strikes and we quickly start eating. The duck eggnet salad with bean sprouts was quite good with plenty of crunch.

Untitled
Eggnet salad of crispy fried duck

Once the beef cheek curry arrived, I could not stop eating it. The beef cheek was cooked to perfection, really tender with intense flavour. Yum! It was moreish.

Untitled
Penang curry slow cooked beef cheek

The stir fried red rice with prawns and garlic chilli paste was also good. In comparison to plain white rice, the red rice is more firm and packed with flavours from the chilli paste. The rice can be pretty filling though and at the end of our meals, I was just too full but yet I still want some more...

Untitled
Smokey red rice stir fried with prawns and garlic chilli paste

The modern Thai inspired food in Longtime is definitely worth waiting and trying. I felt Longtime is quite similar to Chin Chin in Melbourne and could not wait to see what else Longtime can offer. 



Longtime Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove