Sri Mahkota Malaysian Cuisine

Sri Mahkota Malaysian Cuisine
Once in a while, the cravings for Malaysian food kicks in and I had to visit a Malaysian restaurant for my char koay teow (CKT) cravings. This time we went to Sunnybank Hills and visited Sri Mahkota. I have been here previously - to try their fish noodle soup (it was definitely a good one and I had it then because fish soup was supposedly good to boost your breast milk supply!).

As I really wanted a CKT, I obviously ordered their version. It came in a rather huge plate with couple of pieces of prawns, squid and fish cakes. Hmm... I do not think that their CKT is the best in Brisbane. The 'wok hei' was missing and the flavour was just not strong enough.

Untitled

Silly me, I ordered another rice noodle dish that night and it was the wet hor fun version - beef hor fun. The beef was sliced, and tender, and not overcooked. The letdown again was the sauce of the hor fun - I thought it could be stronger. Nevertheless, Sri Mahkota was still busy that night, being fully occupied.

Untitled


I also ordered the entree of curry puffs. Theirs was quite good, not overly spicy and the pastry still acceptable. For Brisbane's standard, I think theirs are all right but certainly could not beat those curry puffs from Penang!

Untitled


Based on the meals we had that night, it was only an average for me. But I am sure they have better dish that I have yet to try, and that night's experience will not deter me from visiting them again in the future. 




Sri Mahkota Malaysian Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove