Koto Sanpo

Koto Sanpo, Brisbane CBD
The second restaurant that we recently tried in FudoDori was Koto Sanpo. I am a big fan of anything matcha and was excited to be checking out this place. We arrived early around their opening hour of 11.30 am and they were already quite busy. We were seated and after browsing their extensive menu, Mr went to the counter for our order. As we were there for lunch, we ordered savoury meals rather than their sweets or desserts.

But first up, a drink of matcha is a must and for a basic matcha latte, there are options of white chocolate, yuzu honey, rocky road or even caramel matcha latte. I think it is best to try their basic matcha latte and it came in a rather huge ceramic bowl. I could not fault their matcha latte at all. The latte was creamy and most importantly, not overly sweet and there's still hint of bitterness of matcha which is how I like mine. 

Untitled


Now for our main meals, Mr tried their chicken karaage curry ($15.80) and surprisingly, the meal arrived fairly quickly. The karaage chicken was cooked in a cutlet form rather than small pieces which we would receive in other Japanese restaurants. While the flavour was there, it was not as crispy in comparison to the small chicken pieces. Their curry sauce was strong and not overly spicy. 

Untitled


As for myself, I ordered the 'Eel Bento box' ($22.80). The meal itself came in a lovely compartmentalised round plate with ingredients of fresh salmon sashimi, egg, beef on a piece of Adegashi tofu, pickles and my unagi! The eel/unagi was cooked well and I really enjoyed it. The rest of the condiments were quite good as well and I did enjoy my bento box. For $22.80, I thought it may be on the dearer side.

Untitled



Overall, the food here in Koto Sanpo was quite good but possibly on the more expensive side in comparison to other Japanese restaurants. The service here was quite fast and approachable despite being newly opened. Now, hopefully we can return to try some of their desserts in the future considering I do not need to be that strict with my sugar/sweet intake post partum. :)




   Koto Sanpo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove