1 of 27: It's not charity cupcakes but still CHARITY!


1st Mission Accomplished: Relay for Life

This is my first post regarding my '27 things to do before my 27th birthday'!

"Relay for Life is an opportunity to get together with your community to celebrate cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost and fight back against cancer" Ref: Source

Instead of having a normal birthday celebration, PY (one of my classmates and we never talk to each other until the event) decided to participate in Relay for Life for his birthday and raised money for the cancer council. Seeing how sincere and keen he was (based on his speech recorded), I decided to participate in this special event too. :)

So, what did we do? Basically, we just walked around in circles in RNA showgrounds ... starting from 3 pm until 7 or 8 am the next day. I stayed around until 7 pm before rushing off to dinner with G.

While walking, I walked past an art stall offering free painting supplies for anyone that was interested in drawing or painting. Hehe, obviously I will not miss out on that opportunity! Painting is good for me; it gives me an opportunity to escape my busy and hectic life ... It was a time of imagination and relaxation ... Let just say I teleported to a countryside where there is no one else except myself enjoying the moment! :)




Yup, that was me painting!

Unbeknownst to me, all the paintings were going to be auctioned ....

Guess what?!?

Somebody bought my impromptu art of design 
for 
$10!!!

Well, I did not expect that at all! I was ecstatic that day even though I was really exhausted ...

It may not be much but I feel contented that I have at least achieved something. I'm doing this not only for myself but also to remember my greatgrandmother (grandmother's mother) who died of breast cancer when I was about 13. Miss you so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove