Haoke Chinese Restaurant (Revisited)

Haoke Chinese Restaurant, Sunnybank Hills


Quite a while ago, we visited Haoke for dinner. I have been to this place for dim sum and I think the dim sums here were quite reasonable in terms of flavour and price.

This time, however, we tried their set dinner which consisted of six to seven dishes of Chinese food. 

What should I say? 


IMG_2223


Some type of clams cooked in XO sauce I think. Hmm... the sauce was spicy and I don't think it was XO sauce. I don't really like it.

IMG_2222

Our tofu dish of the night. I thought this was all right, but my other three companions said otherwise. To be truthful, it really lacked the 'tofu flavour'. It is probably more of a steamed egg dish.

IMG_2221

The steamed fish in soy sauce was all right. Well, certainly cannot be compared to the 'freshness' of a live fish but this dish was a pass. 

IMG_2220

This was our vegetable dish of the night. It was more like a soup-y vegetable dish than a simple vegetable stir fry garlic; which I think will be much tastier than that. Hmmm... We were all not impressed.

IMG_2219

In my opinion, I think this is the best dish of the night. Pork ribs cooked in some kind of spices. The tender pork ribs were quite flavourful and tasty. 

IMG_2218

After having tried the salted chicken dish in '3 Bamboo', I was really looking forward to this salted chicken made by Haoke Restaurant. You should see our disappointment portrayed in our faces! It was a miserable looking chicken with little meat and lots of bone. Haha... We were certainly not impressed. 

To end the night, we had red bean soup for dessert. Let's just say that either SaC's mom or myself can make a much better red bean soup.

Well, well, well... We left the restaurant disappointed. We were certainly not impressed and may not return to this place for now, maybe will return for their dim sums. Even though it was a busy night, the service was actually quite good but the meals were really not up to scratch. Maybe it is better to pick meals individually?


Haoke Chinese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove