Iceworks Restaurant Bar & Lounge

Iceworks Restaurant Bar & Lounge, Paddington

I have heard of Iceworks Restaurant a few times from the radio, when listening to the 60-seconds trivia in 97.5 FM. On a Friday night, Mr took me to Iceworks for dinner! Work that day was so busy especially when you know you got a date! Well, luckily the Mr was understanding. 

Mr is quite fond of oysters so we opted for a dozen of fresh natural oysters for entree. Hmm... my tolerance to fresh oyster was quite low when I was in Tasmania, however surprisingly, I really enjoyed eating those succulent and plump oysters in Iceworks!

Fresh natural oysters - $28/dozen

I think they were good because they were fresh! The trick for me was the extra squirt of lemon juice on top of them. 

We were tossing between the goat souffle and iberico jamon, but finally I gave in to the iberico jamon with brioche. 

Untitled
Iberico jamon, toasted brioche, baked ricotta, almond gel, fresh pear, petite bouche and EVOO - $18


The presentation of this dish was nice and the flavours were all right. I do like the toasted brioche and the jamon just melt in the mouth... Yum!

For our main meals, Mr had the lamb while I had the duck (no surprise here!). 


Roasted duck breast, pistachio puree, spiced cabbage, foie grass cromesqui, marinated peach
and game jus - $35

The duck breast was cooked to perfection, not overly done and the serving size was generous. Overall this dish was pretty good with its nicely done spiced cabbage and jus. My taste bud was just not accustomed to the foie grass. 

I was more fond of Mr's lamb!


Boneless lamb rack, slow cooked lamb belly, pumpkin puree, spring peas, apple crumb,
ratatoullie jus - $35

I have tasted a number of pork belly before and that was the first time I tried lamb belly! Yum! It was pretty good. I tried the lamb rack and they were cooked well, not dry. The Mr certainly enjoyed his dish.

We ordered a side dish of potatoes and they were all right. 




I must have been a good girl that day, Mr said I can order dessert! Ahaha, the Mr does not have any sweet tooth at all, unlike me. So I was excited reading through the dessert menu. Finally I settled for the dragon fruit semifreddo. 


Dragonfruit semifreddo, lychee mousse, mango gel, pistachio crumb, micro mint
and a crisp tuille - $14

There's certainly lots of element in this dessert and technique involved with the mousse, gel and tuille. Beautifully presented, I tasted each individual element and they were all pretty good. The dragonfruit semifreddo was just too 'icy' instead of creamy. 

Well, both of us had a good time that night! 



Iceworks Restaurant Bar & Lounge on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove