Pompidou Cafe

Pompidou Cafe, Hawthorn
I quite like the Eastern Suburbs and finally on a Saturday, I travelled to Hawthorn to catch up with MXM, who had a two hour break before his next search for his new home. Street parking is plenty around Pompidou Cafe, where we had our brunch/lunch then!

This cafe is big in comparison to other cafe and that may explain the quite long wait prior to our meals!

To start my day, I had a cappuccino, just for a change. It was pretty good. 


Untitled


I was pretty hungry that day, and I want some protein in my dish. So, I chose the 'Bubble and Squeak' with crispy bacon!

Bubble and Squeak with crispy bacon, poached egg and sourdough bread - $18

It was quite a different bubble and squeak that I had tried before. Pompidou's version was made of pumpkin instead of potatoes, constructed with onions and spinach, making it quite sweet. The egg was poached to perfection, and I was satisfied with the crispy bacon. Overall, an all right dish. 

As for MXM, his choice of 'Carrot and chickpea pancakes' was more eye-catching! 

Untitled
Carrot and chickpea pancakes with spinach, crushed avocado, feta cheese,
poached egg and capsicum jam - $18


What can I say? He finished everything on his plate and it was clean. I take that as a good sign that it was delicious! 

The service was friendly in Pompidou albeit it being busy. We had a good time catching up and hope he will have more luck in house hunting! 



Pompidou Cafe on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove