Barolos Italian Restaurant

Barolos Italian Restaurant, Toowong

Child free night? Yay!

 That means dinner date with Mr and this time we were lucky to be invited to Barolos to try their food. It was previously known as Mariosartic and recently have changed management under Carrie and Giustino. It was raining on Friday night and that did not deter us from visiting. There is a free parking site (2P) available opposite the restaurant and we were early enough for some parking spots.

Untitled

Service was warm and prompt. After reading the menu, I knew what I wanted to eat and try. We were frequently asked for any drinks but politely declined. There is a bar available and once you go through their drinks list, you will be impressed. The peppery breadcrumbed calamari was well balanced and I love the fresh rocket salad on the sides, together with the black garlic aioli. 

Untitled Untitled

 For the entree, we ordered the calamari fritti. I thought I had tried good calamari before, but this is one of the best! Seriously, the squid was cooked to perfection and still tender. We asked for more aioli but you could have just eaten the squid on its own. Perfecto!

And now drum rolls please!


Untitled


Mr had the 500g rib fillet cooked to medium rare. I asked whether he could finish it and he was like 'Are you joking? I am starving!'. I could see his face in delight when the steak was served. He sliced through the juicy piece of steak and we both knew it was cooked to perfection. I thought the truffle potato mash was on the saltier side but once you eat it together with the steak, it was like match in heaven. This steak is definitely worth the calories! The sides of tomatoes and confit mushrooms were just so good absorbing all the flavours.

Untitled

I could not go past the Linguine Alla Marinara as I really miss my seafood. When this bowl of pasta was served, I saw this plump scallop calling to me... So soft and pillowy! The seafood here were all cooked to perfection. The sauce - chilli and garlic in white wine and tomato sauce was really well balanced. 

Untitled
I could not leave without trying their dessert. I love tiramisu but my instinct told me that I needed to try their special dessert - 'Barolos Baklaba'. It came with butterscotch popcorn gelato, burnt caramel and chocolate matzo. Overall I thought the execution of this dessert was all right. The flavour combination is quite good, the hazelnut chocolate slab added a crunchy texture to this dessert.

We both had a great time there. It was so funny that Mr later mentioned that he seemed to have been here before, a dinner in the meeting room but do not recall it being known as Barolos. LOL, it was because it was still Mariosarti then and Mr attended some work meeting then.

Thank you again to the team for having us there, and to the head chef J and J, well done on the achievements. We will definitely return in the future, maybe with Grace next time.

PS: Although sponsored, the opinion of this visit is of my own. 


  Barolos Ristorante Italiano Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove