Miss Jones

Miss Jones, New Farm

Excuse me Grace, will it be all right if we go to Miss Jones for brunch and then go to your park later?

I am so due for a brunch with ChaMo and so happy that we both got the same Friday off and I suggested visiting Miss Jones. Why not? When I can bring Grace to her favourite park in New Farm after that. This is called opportunistic parenting, ahaha.

Parking can be tricky and busy, but luckily for us I managed to park across the road from Miss Jones. I would suggest parking on the road of Balfour St and then walk there. Anyhow, back to Miss Jones. It is a fairly small cafe and seats were still plentiful that Fri morning. But wait till the 10 am coffee rush, people just started coming in for their takeaway coffees.

Untitled
As we were still early, I ordered a croissant ($5) for Grace. They were nicely toasted and served with soft butter and blueberry jam. She ate few bites and had enough. Well too bad, I finished them off!


Untitled

The breakfast menu here is fun and interesting. The Baklava waffles sounded so good but I think it will be just too mean for Grace. So I ended up ordering the Eggs Benedict - which came in savoury waffles (hash, cheddar and ham) with avocado, chorizo and chipotle hollandaise sauce. Gosh, love their waffles! It was not too dry, not overly dense and still soft with a crispy exterior.. Yum! The combination of the chorizo and chipotle gave some fiery tickle momentarily. It was all good until I finish the meal pretty quickly. I thought the meal may be on the smaller size.


Untitled

ChaMo had the avocado smash with extra order of bacon. OMG! Miss Jones' bacon may be one of the best - extra crispy and that is how I like them! Overall a good visit here and a place to remember. So happy and excited for ChaMo for getting into the program! Yay! 

Untitled

The plating at Miss Jones is definitely clean and polished. The food here is delicious but I think definitely on the smaller side. :)




Miss Jones Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove