Warawara Izakaya

Warawara Izakaya, Brisbane CBD

Korean food is something I appreciate and it is usually my first option to go when in the city. Having been to Maru restaurant, this time I told Mr that I wanted to try Warawara. We tried to visit this place prior but gave up after knowing there was a queue. We were lucky there was no wait that night.

Untitled

After being seated, we looked at their big menu. As it has been raining in Brisbane continuously, I wanted something hot and soupy therefore opted for the 'Special Sharing Hot Pot'. The mixed sausage hot pot intrigued me, especially with slice of cheese on the dry noodles! The hot pot arrived and after cooking/boiling them for about 5 minutes, they were ready! Where should I even start? There were straw mushrooms, pork slices, cheerios, tofu, rice cakes, and gyozas! It was definitely a heartwarming meal for us and with that excitement, I splattered some of the soup onto my pants. Hehe!

Untitled



Untitled


Now back to the entree, we tried their entree size deep fried chicken and it was darn good! It was flavourful, crispy and tender. I dare say it was better than the Maru's fried chicken. I like Korean pancake and this time ordered their chives pancake. We were confused at first whether there was any dipping sauce for the pancake, but they have included it together with the free flowing appetizer (macaroni salad, kimchi and seaweed salad). Their chives pancake is not the crispy type like Maru's ... which is how I like them. So score 1 for Maru!

Overall we enjoyed the food here at Warawara and I am sure we will be back again. 

Warawara Izakaya Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove