Southside Bistro

Southside Bistro, Sunnybank
On a rather early weekend, Mr and myself visited Southside Bistro prior to visiting the in-law. We normally visit the Asian breakfast places in Sunnybank and this time decided to give Southside Bistro a go, especially when we can utilise the Entertainment book voucher.

Their menu here is very enticing with Asian influenced dishes. I was definitely keen to try a few of them and in the end, I chose the 'Breakfast Puffle' just because I want some egg puffles! It is a fusion Asian breakfast (oolong egg tea, rice with Kimchi and also some pork floss) and was topped with deep fried youtiao (aka fried chinese bread stick). It all does sound good right?

Untitled
Breakfast puffle

But I was quite disappointed with this dish... The puffle does not taste like it was freshly made, the rice was not warm enough (more like lukewarm for me) and overall, quite a dry dish with the sauce being only mayo. Hmm... my excitement has definitely dwindled down after this dish.

On the other hand, Mr had the 'crab omelette' which was definitely better than mine. Quite a generous amount of crab present and the dish was relatively simple but wishing there were more on his plate - as the portion size seems quite small. 

Untitled
Crab omelette

We have been to Southside Bistro a while ago but were there for dinner and I remember the food being much better. Hopefully this is just a once off episode as I do want to see them get better! Well at least, the taro latte was good! 



Untitled
Taro latte
Southside Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove