Cheeky Poke

Cheeky Poke, Newstead
If you were pregnant, what do you think you will most likely crave of? The list can be never ending, but I think the most common answer would be sashimi or some sort of raw fish... Agree? This is probably true for me and when I got an offer to dine at Cheeky Poke via Zomato Bne, I could not resist the offer!

Mr and myself both went there for lunch one day and were keen to get things rolling. First off, we started with their 'Taro crisps' which can be served with either wasabi mayo or beetroot hummus. We chose the wasabi mayo and it was well balanced, not overly spicy from the wasabi. The taro crisps were so addictive and we nibbled them all in no time.

Untitled
Taro Crisps with wasabi mayo

Now to the mains! How could we not order a poke bowl in a Cheeky Poke bar? You can choose either their signature poke bowls or 'Make your own' poke bowls. When it comes to choices, I rather choose one of their signatures because I would not be able to decide on which proteins, bases (rice vs vege), salads and then the sauces... So we went with their Salmon signature poke bowls.

Untitled
Salmon poke bowl

Yes, I could only enjoy the poke bowls by staring at the salmon sashimi. The poke bowls here came in a generous size and looks so well balanced in terms of colour, texture and flavour. I did however, try some of the individual components of the poke bowl and they were so fresh. Mr finished the whole bowl and commented how good it was, and he was pretty full after that (he is usually a big eater!). I can't wait to have mine after the delivery!

I was rather keen on their tacos and you can choose either the 'Nori Taco' or 'Wanton Taco' to start with. I was intrigued by their nori tacos and ordered the '3 for 20' with proteins of kingfish, chicken and tofu. They all have the same base of coconut turmeric rice, cabbage, avocado, pickled ginger and spring onions. The taco shells were crispy and overall, a delicious one!

Untitled
Nori Tacos

Untitled


As I was feeling a little under the weather that day, I ordered their 'Chicken Bone Broth' to hopefully improve on the cold symptoms. It came in a small cup and I assume we just sip it like that. Maybe I am more sensitive to saltiness in this pregnancy, but I found the broth to be way salty. Unfortunately I could not finish it. I think the broth will be better if I have ordered their chicken bone broth noodle soup instead. 

Untitled
Chicken Bone Broth

We love the atmosphere at Cheeky Poke in Newstead. I would definitely return to try their signature poke bowls and who knows after a few visit, I will start choosing the 'Make your own' option.  


Cheeky Poke Bar - Newstead Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove