Snag and Brown

Snag and Brown, Annerley
Like it's name, Snag and Brown focuses on sausages and hash browns/potatoes and who does not like this combination? I used to live around this area and seriously have not been to this cafe until when Mr and myself were down south to do some errand.

As it was on a weekday, it was not too busy and street parking was easy. They do have outdoor seating at the back of the cafe but as it was fairly warm and sunny, we just stayed indoor. They do have some basics in the menu but some obviously with snags (with vegan option as well) and browns. 


Untitled


Mr chose the 'Snag of the day' that came with their specialty hash brown (2 options to choose from), poached eggs, sourdough and some tomato and onion relish. I could not remember the flavour of the snag but I think it was beef based and he went with their original hash brown. The sausage was very flavourful and not overly dry. Their hash was amazing! It was so crispy and I have always enjoyed a housemade hash rather than a store bought ones. 


Untitled


As for myself, I decided on the 'Sicilian snag and eggs'. It is quite similar to baked eggs, with spicy Italian snag in Napoli sauce and ricotta cheese together with poached eggs, and toasts. Initially I thought the Napoli sauce was quite watery but to my amazement, after eating together with the ricotta cheese, the marriage of both flavours just wowed me. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and the spiciness level was not too overpowering. Loving this dish!


Untitled


Being naughty, we ordered their 'Potato Twirls' - beer battered twirly potato wedges and it was my first time trying twirly wedges and it was so addictive! Gosh they were crispy and tasted better than plain wedges. 


Untitled

I was definitely full after this and could not finish my hot chocolate. Lucky Mr had a big appetite and we did not waste any food that day! ;)



Untitled


It was a lovely brunch for both us and we used the voucher from Entertainment book, making it such a good deal.

Untitled
Snag & Brown Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove