London-Manchester

After France, we went back to London and made our way to Manchester. Let the pictures do the talking and I will write less in this post. There were bad memories in London and I don't really want to talk about them. Do you ever wonder whether the smile in photos you have seen is genuine or being forced? Something to ponder upon....

Me trying to take our reflection in the underground train station! Something to experience trying to catch a train during the rush hour.
London Tower Bridge
Since brother had been in London for numerous times, he knew exactly where and how to take us there. He asked where we wanted to go and I just replied: All the touristy attractions! Without a question, we wanted to see the Buckingham Palace, London Bridge, Oxford St, Big Ben, Londoneye and the lists goes on... I have actually been to most of the places since I was in London a couple of years ago but mom haven't been here.
The London Eye
Those were just some of the places we visited. There were more pics but ....
Anyway, we continued our journey back to Manchester! I remembered that brother was getting tired and sleepy so I drove the rest of the journey back to Manchester. It was really scary after my experience driving in Germany (although now I am driving on the same side of the road!). Driving manual car really makes me nervous. Lucky me that we arrived Manchester at about 1 am and therefore, not many cars were on the road. *Phew* 

San Carlo restaurant in Manchester. Brother said that the food is really good and we made our appointment a few days earlier. There were so many people in the restaurant and you can actually see all the famous people photographs hanging on the wall.
White wine - I think it was Sauvignon Blanc
That's right! A glass of white wine for myself! I deserve a drink after this 10-day trip. 
Bruschetta

Lobster risotto

Salmon Ravioli

Seafood Spaghetti

Tiramisu

Panna cotta
San Carlo is definitely a busy restaurant. Service was good and quick considering there was so many people in there. For entree, we had bruschetta and I would say that it's all right - very simple and fresh. Bruschetta has become my brother's favourite. I can remember when he was younger, he wouldn't even touch a slice of tomato but now? People do change. For mains, we had risotto, ravioli and spaghetti. After the food arrived, I just realized that everything is 'red' in colour. I should have ordered a cream or pesto-based pasta. Again, the food was all right but I do prefer the seafood spaghetti. I think we were pretty full that time but I insisted on ordering desserts since we are already here, might as well...

Both desserts: tiramisu and panna cotta were delicious! I think they were the highlights of the dinner especially the tiramisu ( I always have a soft touch for tiramisu!). Yummy!

Well, that's the end for the whole journey. In summary, it has been an interesting, exciting, learning and intimidating experience. I would definitely do the whole thing again if there was another chance in the future but maybe with a proper planning that time. Not to forget, happiness and sadness too! I don't think any holidays can proceed without any disagreement but all in all, we managed to resolve it and hopefully the three of us are closer than before!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove