A Week's Break! - Part 1

Finally, I have my well deserving break! Let the food escapade begins! This is going to be a pretty long post ...

Stop 1: Salt, Rosalie

Finally free from studying, I decided to treat myself with a good breakfast/brunch. My housemate recommended me to go to Salt (just beside Sing's Kitchen). Why not? I arrived there at about 11.15 am and luckily, breakfast menu was still up! 

Sauteed mushroom on turkish bread with bacon and tomatoes

Perfect poached eggs! 
Cappuccino
I ordered the mushrooms and a cup of cappuccino. The coffee was pretty good (although I am not a coffee expert) and the coffee was dusted with chocolate powder with hints of sugar, which is different from other cap I had before. The main meal was huge! I thought to myself, whether I can finish it when the waitress put in on my table. Well, I did! Overall, it was a pretty good dish but I think there can still be some improvement to it such as having some sauce for the mushrooms. Unfortunately, the Turkish bread was not as good. It was so difficult to 'cut' the bread with the knife. It was a good experience after all!

Note: Still cannot beat the meal I had in Napier, New Zealand! (Hopefully New Zealand post will be up one day, hehe!)

Salt Food Wine Coffee on Urbanspoon



Stop 2: Hakataya Noodle Shop, Sunnybank


Japanese Pork Noodle Soup - NAGAHAMA RAMEN $10 accompanied with pickles

I wanted to visit this shop when I had MOS Burger a couple of months ago. Hakataya Noodle Shop is just a few shops away from MOS Burger. Craving for some ramen, I drove myself all the way to Sunnybank and got there about 3 pm. Surprisingly, there was quite a lot of people during that time and luckily I managed to save myself a seat on the bench facing the kitchen. The soup was quite delicious but I am pretty sure I had better one before. I wished I had asked for extra noodles (which is free of charge!).

Hakataya Noodle Shop on Urbanspoon



Stop 3: Tan Thanh Vietnamese, Inala

This time I was craving for some Vietnamese food. In my opinion, the restaurant that serves the best Vietnamese food is Tan Thanh. Yummy! The food is authentic and awesome as well as cheap! I cannot comment on the pho because I don't eat beef but my favourite dish is vermicelli with grilled pork and spring rolls, a simple yet tasty dish!



Vermicelli with grilled pork and spring rolls $ 9.
To eat it, pour the 'sauce' into the bowl and mix everything around.  Trust me, it's good! =)

After finishing the dish, I walked around and went into a Vietnamese grocery shop and bought a couple of things. The cashier lady spoke to me in Vietnamese, I kept quiet and just paid her. Thinking and laughing in my head, do I look Vietnamese? I don't think so. The same incident happened when I went to a Korean grocery shop. The workers will talk to me in Korean. Too bad, the only phrase I know is 'Kamsamida - Thank you!'. Does that mean I look Korean too? LOL!




Tan Thanh Vietnamese on Urbanspoon


To be continued...


Comments

  1. Hi HP,
    Your first posts just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/337/1495312/restaurant/Queensland/Fortitude-Valley/Poppy-Cakes-Brisbane
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/337/1360211/restaurant/Ipswich/Cactus-Espresso-Bar-Brisbane
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/337/1361019/restaurant/Queensland/Auchenflower-Rosalie/Salt-Food-Wine-Coffee-Paddington
    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:
    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon
    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/337/5542/Queensland/Memories-Treasure-Chest.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar
    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks,
    Ken
    www.urbanspoon.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove