A Week's Break - Part 3


Stop 6: Campos, Fortitude Valley


I had an appointment for a haircut in Fortitude Valley that day and since it's in Fortitude Valley, I have a valid reason to visit Campos again. Hehe! Campos is quite difficult to find, the place is situated just beside St James Market. You have to walk down the alley way to enter the restaurant. There used to be seats in the alley but they have removed them due to some dispute with their neighbours. I guess there will be longer wait for us next time!


Campos, Fortitude Valley


Cappuccino - $3.50. Campos signature logo!

Bubble & Squeak - $17.50
-  sweet potatoes and potatoes, grilled tomatoes, haloumi cheese and poached egg with sauce

I deliberately take the picture again after I've cut through the poached egg - perfect runny yolk!
There is usually a long queue in Campos but I was lucky that day. After about 5 minutes wait, I was seated. My meal came about 15-20 minutes later. While waiting, I read the ' The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby'.  The meal itself was quite delicious, I was wishing for more sauce actually. I can't remember the sauce now, maybe hollandaise sauce? Campos has one of the best coffees! Not a coffee expert myself, but I do like their coffees, good flavour and consistency. I will be back one day, Campos! After lunch, I went for my haircut! 


Campos on Urbanspoon





Stop 7: Cactus Espresso bar, Ipswich



I woke up in the morning and had no idea what I should do that day. Switched on my laptop and at the spur of the moment, checked the distance to Ipswich. It's only 30 minutes drive, why not? That trip was really spontaneous, with a bottle of water and two mandarins, I was on my way there. Hehe!


I was a little lost and after a few circles, I found a parking lot and started walking around the 'city'. At first glance, there seems to be no Asians at all (this reminded me of Hastings, NZ) and there were mostly older guys walking around. One guy walked past me and said, "Ni how ma (How are you in Mandarin)?" Scary or friendly?


Finally found the place I wanted to eat: Cactus Espresso bar


Cactus Espresso Bar, Ipswich. Not sure why 'bar' since they don't serve alcohol at all.


Spinach and Feta Cannelloni 

Cappuccino
I could not remember the individual prices but the total for both was $13.50. The food was all right, it does look like the cannelloni has been microwaved before being served. Coffee was all right too. I have to order and pay for my meal first before being seated - interesting! 

Cactus Espresso Bar on Urbanspoon




After lunch, I drove around and took some pictures ...




It was a good drive and nice to escape the hustle and bustle of the city!

To be continued ...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove