Happy Birthday!

A Big Happy Birthday to myself! Yesterday was the end of the 5 x 5 cycle and today, I am welcoming the beginning of the 6 x 5 cycle; anyway that's what Sara said. :)


I am getting older each year and that means that my beloved family members too. Ageing and being sick are part of the life cycle and unfortunately, we can't escape from these realities. Recently, I was informed that two of my relatives (aunt and uncle) had minor strokes. Thankfully, they are both fine now. Both of them treat me very well since young; especially aunt who treats me like her own daughter. I am indeed very fortunate...


Life is too short and I should start living life to the fullest (I'll try!). These past few days I have been trying to create a list of  '27 new things to try before my 27th birthday' which is inspired by Yes and Yes blog. These are what I came up with (no particular order):
  1. Run 5k
  2. Participate in Bridge to Brisbane (10 k)
  3. Try ice skating
  4. Learn a musical piece by piano
  5. Make macaroons
  6. Find love
  7. Make souffle
  8. Swimming with dolphins
  9. Be a barista
  10. Learn a new language
  11. Take archery
  12. Learn surfing
  13. Volunteer work
  14. Make hollandaise sauce
  15. Make mooncakes
  16. Charity cupcakes
  17. Do 100 push ups
  18. No internet for a day!
  19. Go hiking - Springbrook National Park
  20. Try absinthe (a tbsp maybe?)
  21. Try rockclimbing
  22. Improve my photography skills (long way to go!)
  23. Participate in National Geographic Photo Contest
  24. Go backpacking in Africa
  25. Go on a blind date
  26. Watch 'The Godfather' movies
  27. Lose weight before attending Jenny's wedding
This is quite a daunting list for me.... Not sure whether I can achieve all of them but I will try and if I have the $$$$ and the time as well... Wish me luck!

Since young, I had bad experiences with my own birthday celebrations. I was about 10? that year. My parents were busy and they asked my aunt and uncle to take me out to celebrate my birthday dinner. I still remember that day that we went to the night market and had street side 'lok lok' which is quite similar to steamboat. Not forgetting, the uncomfortable moment I had in class last year. Anyway, those were the past!

This year was surprisingly an exception...
One that I will always remember and cherish.... 
Thanks guys (literally XY chromosomes) - AQ and MXM for the wonderful birthday cake and present! Special thanks to G (I'll miss you when you are back in your country next year) and BG. Lastly, HRH for her care package! =)

Teaco

Devi


My pre-birthday celebrations with the dogs! =) My presents from the dogs: bruises and a scratch - loving it!
 


Chocolate and strawberries torte - They were delicious!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove