Walnut and chocolate chip banana muffins

Banana Muffins


In my Ortiga post, I indicated that I had some food to eat before dinner. Few hours to kill before dinner, I decided to bake some cake/muffins ... more like 'mini muffins'. I have been using this 'banana muffins' recipe for years now and it never fails me. 




Recipe (can't remember the source)

1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 eggs
3 small bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
50 ml buttermilk or milk
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cup self raising flour

Methods:

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla for 2-3 minutes at medium speed.

Add eggs separately, beating well, 1 min each time.

Mash bananas and add into the mixture. Stir well.

Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk first. Then, add buttermilk and flour alternately into the mixture and mix well.

Bake in 2 greased tins or 1 large tin at 180 C for 35 minutes until cooked. Alternatively, pour into 6-hole muffin tray or 12-hole muffin tray which will take about 15 minutes to be ready.


In my case, I used the 12-hole muffins tray! 

This recipe can make up to 36 mini muffins.

I also added walnuts and dark chocolate chips into this recipe or other extras you fancy!

The final product!
The verdict:
  • really good recipe
  • sweetness and density are just right
  • add more bananas if budget allow!
Love it!
Highly recommended ...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove