Flute Fine Food

Flute Fine Food, Coorparoo

I promised a friend to help her move. Seeing that I had some time to kill before the scheduled time, I searched for a nearby cafe and found Flute. I didn't know that Cream Patisserie Boulangerie is just beside Flute. Both were equally filled with bustling customers. Quickly, I was shown to a table by a cheerful and friendly waitress.


Flute's Menu
Looking at the menu, it does seem that their food prices are on the higher end and there wasn't much choice. Oh well, I finally ordered the 'Roasted Red Pepper & Haloumi Stack' and a chai latte. 

Roasted Red Pepper & Haloumi Stack -$20
Grilled Haloumi, Cous cous & Danish Feta Stuffed Red Pepper
The food arrived first and my chai arrived after eating at least 1/4 of my meal. *Not that happy* Back to the food, the one-piece haloumi was well-hidden under the humongous red pepper. I expected more haloumi actually. Looking at the poached eggs, I was quite disappointed because it's obvious that they used a poached egg gadget ... Oh well, at least the stuffed red pepper did not disappoint. The combination of cous cous and the Danish feta is pretty good although it can be quite boring after a while. 

Finally, my chai latte arrived!

Chai Latte
I took the first sip .... Oh my! It's so sweet! I didn't even add any sugar to it. :(
For the first time ever, I did not finish the drink

I walked to the counter and paid my bill. 

So readers, what do you usually reply when someone asked you 'How's the food? or How's everything?' ? Do you speak the truth or just smile and say 'It's lovely/beautiful'?

I can't help myself and told them that the Chai's too sweet. 

Worker    : Oh no, I must have added too much powder!
Me          : Oh, so you guys used powder instead of chai tea leaves?
Worker    : Oh, you should have said chai tea then.

Well, I didn't have any problem when I visited Ponycat. I had a nice chai latte (from tea leaves) in Ponycat. After my experience in Flute, I think my obsession with chai has disappeared. Besides providing friendly service, Flute's food is only average to me. 



Flute Fine Food on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove