Ponycat

Ponycat, New Farm


Craving for some hearty breakfast? Why don't you head up to New Farm? This area doesn't disappoint with so many cafes available around Brunswick Street. G and I went to  Ponycat on a Saturday. I have been driving past this cafe for a couple of times and finally I had the chance to give it a go. :)

It was pretty full when both of us walked in. Finally, we got a seat and just take note that their menu is on the 'blackboard'. Luckily the writing was legible and luckily I was facing the board. Poor G that she has to keep on turning her neck to look at it. 

Ponycat's Menu
One thing you will notice that they don't have poached eggs! Quite disappointing actually... We have the options of scrambled or fried eggs only. :( Keeping myself away from sweet breakfast or non-poached eggs, I finally decided on the sweet potato & corn pancakes while G had the grilled field mushrooms.

Guess what?!? After my amazing chai latte in Comfort At My Table, I had to order a chai latte here. (When I like something, I become seriously obsessed with it and I have to have it until I become bored one day! I even bought T2 chai leaves because of this)


Ponycat's Chai Latte
I was surprised to see that the chai was served in a coffee/tea plunger. Extra points from me! *Smiling* It tasted pretty good, loves how they put the cinnamon sugar in the cup. Hehe!

G had her usual - skinny cappuccino. 

Cappuccino
G commented that the coffee is pretty good.

By now, beads of sweat started forming on my forehead ... The weather that day was hot, scorching hot! Do you know that there is no air-conditioning inside and there is only ONE ceiling fan? G ordered a glass of ice cubes for me. Heavenly!


Grilled Field Mushrooms on scrambled eggs and toast -$15
Not sure how many eggs they used but the serving was huge. I get to try some of the scrambled eggs and it was pretty good - light and fluffy! The toast was at the right thickness and mushrooms were cooked perfectly.

Sweet Potato & Corn Pancakes - $16
on a bed of spinach, honey baked ham and eggplant kasundy
It's a tower of corn pancakes (good texture and non-oily) - sandwiched in between thick, juicy honey baked ham and sweet eggplant kasundi. I haven't tasted any kasundi before but I like it. I like how the sweetness of the kasundi contrasted with the saltiness of the pancakes. Definitely an interesting dish for me! :)

Their 'graffiti' or designs on their walls. Loves the colours!



Both of us had a good time in Ponycat albeit the lack of A/C. The waiter and waitress were very attentive and service was good. I will return one day (the weather recently seems favourable actually - it's pretty cold for a summer season)!

Btw, I am more of a dog-lover than a cat-lover but I am giving 'Ponycat' an exception! :)

Signing out! 


Ponycat on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove