Karma Indian & Nepalese Cuisine

Karma Indian & Nepalese Cuisine, New Farm

I was supposed to attend a friend's double celebration last Friday. Unfortunately, she wasn't feeling well and she had to cancel her party. Emmm... I was disappointed (I was all dressed up!). Luckily, Simco was nearby and I asked him whether he wanted dinner that night. Yes!

We went to Karma Indian & Nepalese in New Farm. There wasn't many people in the restaurant in comparison to its neighbours. Anyway, we braved ourselves and took a seat outdoor. Since it's a combination of both Indian and Nepalese restaurant, we tried to order food from both types of cuisine.

Caution ahead! *Sorry for the poor photo qualities. I misplaced my camera charger and have to use my old camera* 

Free pappadums (cumin flavoured):

Entree 1 (Nepalese) :
Kukhura Sandheko -$7.90 
This dish has grilled chicken breast marinated with lemon juice and spices, served on a bed of salad. It's a cold dish. I got no idea what spices they used and both of us find this dish to be interesting.

Entree 2 (Indian) :

Gazab Ka Tikka -$ 7.90
Bite sized chicken tikka prepared in unique marinade white sauce. I chose this dish because it says in the menu 'Karma's signature starter'. It is difficult for me to really gauge whether a dish is delicious or not. The best way is actually seeing a smile on someone's face after the first bite! Simco likes it- the chicken pieces were really tender and the sauce was refreshing.
 
Main 1 (Indian):
Butter Chicken -$ 15.90
I think to determine whether an Indian restaurant is good or not, I should order a butter chicken to compare it with the others. Karma's version of butter chicken is a lot thicker due to its generous servings of cashew paste/pieces in it. It was pretty good!

Main 2 (Nepalese):
Masu Mula - $15.90
The Nepalese curry we ordered is Masu Mula. The lamb was marinated with ginger, garlic and spices, cooked with horseradish and chives. I am not a big fan of lamb but the lamb here was tender and non-chewy, cooked in a perfect blend of spices.

Even though we ordered 'medium' for the level of spiciness, it wasn't spicy at all for me.

Extras:
We did not order any rice so we opted for the naan breads:

Garlic naan

Spinach and cheese naan
I couldn't find any fault with the naans- the amount of garlic wasn't too overpowering and they were quite crispy. Simco likes the spinach and cheese better.

Good dinner, good ambience and service. We were both so stuffed after that! 
Karma Indian & Nepalese Cuisine on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove