Ruby Cafe

Ruby Cafe, Paddington


It had been months since we girls went out for a get together. Finally, when the three of us had the time after our first rotation, we all went to Ruby Cafe for brunch. 

~~~

Just a random side note here: Till today, I still could not find an English/Christian name for myself and I doubt I will ever do. Have you ever get frustrated telling the person at Starbucks (which I rarely go to nowadays) your name? 

It's Hooi. Sorry? It's spelled as H-O-O-I. Or they will just write a random name that sounds like Hooi. 

I gave up and one day, I told them it's Ruby. That is my coffee name. :)

~~~

Back to Ruby cafe now! It was quite empty when we got there and we promptly chose seats at the corner. The 'Spring Menu' was handed out to us and not too long after, we made our decisions. Surprisingly, each of us has different meal in mind!

First up, Qiqi had the 'Breakfast peas, bacon speck, poached egg, mint, ciabatta with grilled lemon'. 

IMG_2169
Breakfast peas, bacon speck, poached egg, mint, ciabatta and grilled lemon -$16.90

She loves it! The peas were cooked very well in combination with the mint and bacon. I remember her saying that they were buttery as well. The egg was poached to perfection and I think this meal is quite a stunner. Yum!

Something with haloumi will never escape Lainey's eye. Therefore, she ordered the 'Haloumi and potato rosti sandwich with rocket, bacon, tomato chutney and poached eggs'. 


IMG_2168
Haloumi and potato rosti sandwich with rocket, bacon, tomato chutney and poached egg -$17.90

When you read the menu, I do think that it sounded very delicious with the combination on offer, however, the execution for this dish was disappointing. The bacons were burnt and we were deciding whether they may have overcooked the potato rosti as well. They explained that the rosti is all right and agreed to provide us newly cooked bacons, which made us satisfied. Overall, an OK dish.

As for myself, I ordered the 'Baked eggs, pumpkin, pepperonata, manchego, watercress and ciabatta'. 

IMG_2167
Baked eggs, pumpkin, pepperonata, manchego, watercress and ciabatta -$17.50

I love the baked eggs! The serving size was huge with three eggs... I felt a little guilty with the amount of cholesterol that I was putting into my system. The yolks were not overcooked and most importantly, the flavour combination of pumpkin, pepper and manchego was just excellent. Yum!


We had a good time chatting and catching up with coffee sustaining our conversation. Overall, quite a good cafe with nice ambience and delicious food.



Ruby Cafe on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove