Double Shot Espresso

Double Shot Espresso, New Farm
It is quite easy to take things for granted when things are easily available and accessible. For example, a good cup of coffee is certainly quite difficult to get when you are about 200km away from Brisbane! Finally after two weeks away from Brissy, I returned to Brisbane for the weekend and two of my good friends were around for brunch! 

Together with MXM and Simco, we visited Double Shot cafe in New Farm. It must be one of MXM's encounter while he was looking for properties in the surrounding area. Double Shot looks new and nice with its decor and it has both indoor and outdoor seatings. We were just a little confused whether it is a table or counter service but we finally got seats after waiting for about 10 minutes.

Untitled
Chai Latte
First up, a flat white for myself, long black for MXM and a chai latte for Simco. They were all good and the chai certainly had quite a strong hint of cinnamon.

Untitled 
Flat White
Lol, great minds think alike! Simco and myself had eyes on their Shakshuka, while MXM tried the croque madame, which was Simco's second choice. 

Untitled
Shakshuka
The shakshuka came with two poached eggs, feta cheese in a bowl of spicy tomato sauce, with hummus and tortilla bread on the side. The eggs were poached to perfection with the yolk still runny. Yum! I enjoyed the hummus as well as the tortilla bread. The sauce was quite spicy, which was not what we expected and Simco struggled a little due to the heat. Otherwise, I really do enjoy this hearty meal.

While I was slurping away my dish, Simco now has his eyes on MXM's croque madame....

Untitled
Croque madame

MXM commented that the meal was really good and the relish that accompanied the dish was delicious! Overall, we had a great time catching up and I myself was savouring my cup of coffee...



Double Shot Espresso on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove