Gerard's Bistro

Gerard's Bistro, Fortitude Valley

Hmm.... Finally I got the time to blog about my lovely time in Gerard's Bistro which I visited with Lainey a while ago prior to me heading to Kingaroy. I am still drooling thinking about the food we had there for lunch.

The menu must have changed since our last visit. We both enjoy occasional fine dining unlike our other halves. So it was perfect to catch up in Gerard's Bistro. The service can be a miss at time but the staffs were friendly.

First up, we had our favourite pork belly meal. Needless to say, the meat was flavoursome and tender. It was good!



Next up, we tried their quail dish and I so enjoyed it! I have to apologise that I could not remember the exact name of the dish. Trust me, they are both so good!



Without any contemplation, we ordered a chocolate dessert to share. The sweetness and heaviness of the chocolate were well balanced by the sourness of the berry/cherry sorbet. As far as I can remember, I think there is an element of date in this dish as well. I particularly enjoy the 'dirt-like chocolate' in this dish, adding another level of texture to this dessert.

Untitled 



















We had a good time there and we will certainly return in the future!
 
Gerard's Bistro on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove