Era Bistro


Era Bistro, South Brisbane
Lots of planning has come to mind for the Mr's birthday celebration. I have bought tickets to Le Noir months ahead and all I needed was a pre-show dinner. Fortunately, Era Bistro does have pre-show dinners available and food can be served relatively early so that diners can make it to QPAC!

Well, we were fortunate that we managed to leave on time even though we did not order from the pre-show dinner's menu. :) 

Untitled
Pizza of the day - $17.50
To start with, we had their pizza of the day which consisted of chorizo on a tomato based pizza. All I can remember was that the pizza had a good base and their chorizo was one of the best I tried before. Yummy!

Shortly after, our mains arrived. The Mr had the angus sirloin and I myself, not surprisingly, had the duck breast. 
  
Maple Glazed duck breast, pumpkin, braised cabbage, chestnuts and vanilla jus - $38

Angus reserve sirloin, fondant potato, creamed spinach, horseradish, red wine jus - $39.50

Our mains were lovely and the Mr certainly enjoyed his medium rare sirloin. I thought the duck breast may be a little undercooked to my liking, but otherwise, the pumpkin puree was smooth and sweet. Additional flavour to the duck breast would be better.

As the time keeper, I made sure we left dinner on time so that we could make to Le Noir show right on the dot! The show was indeed good and needless to say, nerve-racking. The performers, acrobats and particularly the clown were all very professionals. Kudos especially to the clown, who made us smile, giggle and laugh....


Era Bistro on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove