Symposium Cafe

Symposium Cafe, Fortitude Valley

Not too long ago, both Lainey and myself went out for brunch at Symposium Cafe to have a get together and catch up about our holidays, more importantly, her wedding registration. A big congratulations to her and her Mr. :)

Browsing through Lainey's Entertainment Book, I decided that we can use her voucher for Symposium Cafe and off we go to the valley. It was raining that day but we were quite lucky to get a street parking. The cafe is quite small and we were fortunate to get a table just outside the door.




We ordered our drinks first and Lainey had her usual mocha. As I am trying to stay away from coffee (to rule out the cause of my hiccuping), I had their chai tea. 

IMG_2047
Chai Tea
  
After Ponycat's chai, I don't think i can find a proper chai tea anymore. This is more like chai infused tea with milk by the side. I much prefer hot milk over the chai leaves. Does that make sense?
 
IMG_2046 
Mocha

We have already agreed to sharing our meals and we both love haloumi! So, we had their truffled eggs benedict and haloumi with mushrooms.
 
IMG_2049
Truffled Eggs Benedict served on zucchini fritters with hot smoked salmon - $16.50




I don't recall tasting any hint of truffle. Nevertheless, the eggs were poached to perfection. It was just an okay dish for me. I just felt that it was quite a dry dish with fresh spinach and shredded smoked salmon. 

Next up, we had the haloumi, mushrooms and tomato dish.


IMG_2048
Grilled haloumi, field mushrooms, fresh tomato, basil with balsamic reduction - $17.50
  
This meal does make you feel guilty-free! With fresh tomatoes and lightly grilled mushrooms, and grilled haloumi. But for $17.50, I do think that this dish is a tad expensive...

Well, I think this place is just all right and a little overpriced. Unfortunately, I don't think I will return again in the future. 


Symposium Cafe on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove