Lutece Bistro and Wine Bar

Lutece Bistro and Wine Bar, Paddington

Once in a blue moon, Mr and myself will go on a dinner date if Grace can be looked after by the in-law. I chanced upon a 50% discount on Dimmi for Lutece Bistro (well, many months ago now) and made the booking. Parking is available around the complex and it was easy to find. The view from inside the restaurant was certainly quite breathtaking if you are early enough (hint here- early dinner post kid). 

Untitled
We first started with baguette and their Lutece truffle butter. Nothing extra-ordinary but certainly good nevertheless.


Untitled
I could not remember exactly the entree dish but I think it was either the foie gras or rillettes. It was delicious and Mr could not stop raving about it. This is certainly his sort of dish.

Now for our mains, I have heard of their famous sand crab lasagne and had to try it. My my my... it was definitely delicious. Initially I was worried that the crab will be 'fishy' but honestly, it was fresh, and loving it with the creamy crustacean cream. I understand then why there was this pool of sauce, hehe. 

Untitled

As for the other main, we tried their half duck a l'orange and to be honest, that was my first time trying duck with orange. It was actually pretty good. The duck was really tender and very flavourful. We both just 'ooh' and 'aah' while eating our meals. They were really good.

Untitled


I certainly could not miss trying out on their dessert especially when a souffle is on the menu! Bear in mind, that it will take at least 20 minutes to arrive. Unfortunately, things start to go downfall from here. It definitely took more than 20 minutes for this souffle to arrive. The passionfruit souffle finally arrived and not only the waiter not just leave the dessert on the table, he just started digging a hole into my souffle and poured the sauce into it!! It all happened too quickly that I did not even have the time to appreciate it. It was really disappointing as that was my first ever souffle I have ever tried! It was such a letdown and worse of all, I thought the souffle was quite egg-y.  :(

Untitled



So, this was our dining experience in Lutece. Their savoury food was indeed excellent but in terms of the dessert, I was rather disappointed. With regards to the service, it was warm and friendly at the start of the service, but once it gets busy, the wait staff seemed to be in a rush. I probably would not return for their desserts but definitely will for the sandcrab lasagne. 

PS: I would give a score of 4.5 for the main course, but 1 for the dessert. 





Lutèce Bistro & Wine Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove