Vietnam House

Vietnam House, Fortitude Valley

Vietnamese cuisine is one of my go-to food if we have the options of eating out. I could not remember why we chose Vietnam House that night but why not? We drove past this restaurant frequently and had never visited it. We did make a booking knowing that it is quite a busy place especially on a weekend. Parking as always can be a challenge in the Valley but we were lucky to find street parking if you are patient enough.

It was still winter then (yup, trying to finish my backlogs!) and I wanted pho. I remember myself of being of a vermicelli salad person but once in a while I crave for pho. But first up, we tried their Vietnamese spring rolls. They were crispy and delicious! It was so moreish!

Untitled

Their pho comes in three different sizes - small, medium and large. I was not sure how big their 'large' size was until it came to our table. Holy moly it was big! It can certainly feed two people! Their pho was quite good, with thinly sliced rare beef. I just thought their soup base may be on the sweeter side. 

Untitled


We seriously over-ordered that night. Oopsy.. because we still have two more meals. I have always wanted to try Vietnamese pancake (thinking it will be entree size) and it was rather a main meal. I was quite thankful there was a rather large serving of salad. The pancake was quite crispy but the ingredients inside were not too exciting.

Untitled


So what was our last meal? We tried one of their specialty dishes of 'Grilled Pork spare ribs with five spices'. It took quite a while to arrive and was it worth the wait? The spare ribs were definitely very flavorful with its special rub but I thought it was more on the drier side. Mr does not mind and finished almost all of this meal. I do like the rice though - tasted buttery.

Untitled


Overall, Vietnam House is a good casual dining restaurant. The service was decent, and hopefully they would have repaired the bathroom's light by now. I would definitely return for their spring rolls and maybe their pho.





Vietnam House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove