Pho Queue

Pho Queue, Annerley
Are you ever tired of Vietnamese food?? While writing up this post, I just realised that we seemed to be eating out in Vietnamese restaurant. I have been to Pho Queue twice and the first visit was to catch up with Simco! He had recently relocated back to Brisbane from Tasmania and it was so nice to meet up with this old friend of mine.

Untitled

One thing for sure that has not changed - he still likes his favourite vermicelli noodle salad! I am lucky that I get to choose what to have for entree and we had the crispy spring rolls. For $8 for 3 pieces, the price is certainly above the average and they are just quite normal. 

Untitled


The other starter that interest me was the 'Banh Khot' - savoury mini pancakes made with 333 beer. I have not tried these before and would not have a clue as to what it should taste like. Quite an interesting texture... the 'pancake' is rather soft and not dense, but still able to hold it shape. Taste wise quite light and bland, so I recommend it with the fish sauce on the side. Will I order it again? Probably not. 

Untitled


So, what did we order? No surprise from Simco, that he ordered the combination vermicelli noodle salad! It was certainly very good because I ordered this on my second visit to Pho Queue. I loved everything on the bowl - the meat all tender and flavourful.

Untitled


Mr ordered their Pho, I think the luxury blend with rare beef and beef balls. Definitely worth trying their luxury pho, which is always full of depth of flavour. 

Untitled


So, my two companions almost finished their meals and my pork belly with rice was yet to arrive. So they had actually forgotten my meal and when it arrived, I was a little disappointed. (No photo taken as I was so hungry by that time!) Why? The pork belly came in a generous portion, but the downfall was that the meat was a little tough and not tender enough. The staff was good though to waive this meal when we paid, because they have forgotten about it, which I thought was a good effort from them. Thank you.

Pho Queue, another sister restaurant from Cafe O-Mai seem to be doing quite well, and on our second visit, their service has certainly improved. 

PS: Keen for dessert? I am yet to try theirs but their dessert selections are definitely very tempting, especially seeing them creating in the kitchen. 




Pho Queue Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove