German Club

German Club, Wollongabba

Finally, I had the opportunity to step into German Club! It was a last minute decision to go there after a friend, Siren said he really wanted to go to a place that serves alcoholic drinks. Finally, the four of us made our way to German Club. Wow, it was so busy on a Friday night and we had to park a few streets away.

To enter, one of us need to be a member of German Club. It costs only $5 and Siren was happy to do that. Tagging along, we stepped inside and was surprised to see the number of people inside (due to a function or celebration)





It was a really busy night but luckily we managed to find seats. The queue to order food was so long but in the end it was worth it!

A pretzel to share among the four of us while waiting for our meals to arrive:

Spatzle- $4

The pretzel was good! The bread dough was soft, warm and at the right saltiness from the sea salts... Way better than those that I made in the past!

Looking at the menu (above the counter), I knew what I want in the first instance! It needed to be some sort of pork and finally, I opted for the 'Pork Belly'.

Pork Belly - $24.90
Coal roasted with buttered parsley potatoes, braised sweet red cabbage and sour cherry port sauce

I love it! The pork belly was so tender with crispy pork cracklings. Well, it was crispy when it was still warm. As time passed, it has gotten quite chewy and I was lazy to use the cutleries. Instead, I tried to bite it off (which made me look so impolite in front of my vegetarian friend). Oops! The rest of the components of the meal was cooked perfectly; fluffly buttered potatoes with the red cabbage. Best of all was the sour cherry port sauce that made the meal complete. Yum!


Jo opted straight for the apple streusel with vanilla ice-creams. She liked it.



Siren had 'Eye Fillet (300g)' - Char grilled with garden salad and chips. I think he enjoyed his meal.

Eye Fillet - $27

Initially, I thought of ordering the schnitzel but it was finally chosen by Simco. He had the 'Pork Schnitzel'. 

Pork Schnitzel - $17.90
with Pepper sauce (add $1)
with mashed potatoes and vegetables

I tried some of the pork schnitzel and it was pretty good. The pork had crispy crumbed crust and mashed potatoes were smooth and creamy. The pepper sauce was good too. Overall, Simco loved it.


What's eating in German Club without alcohol? Looking through the drink menu, I got the drink with the lowest alcohol level (being a responsible driver). While Siren had some tap beer.





It's nice to be able to have quite authentic German food without flying off to Germany! Overall, we had a good time even though it was a busy night. I will be back to try more!




Zum Kaiser, Brisbane German Club on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove