Haoke Chinese Restaurant

Haoke Chinese Restaurant, Sunnybank

Finally! Instead of consuming frozen dim sums, SaC brought me along to Haoke Restaurant to have a taste of Brisbane's 'yum cha'. Yum cha has always been a weekly thing I do back home, where family (grandma, uncles, aunts, cousins) sat together for breakfast; well, it's more like brunch now as more people have become late-riser.

Back to Haoke now ... It was packed on a Saturday and we waited for about 15 mins before seats were available. 

We had quite a lot actually, considering there's only two of us! Two things that I must have are the 'siew mai' and 'har gao' dumplings.


Siew Mai - Pork dumplings

Har Gao - Prawn dumplings

The dumplings tasted all right, but I was more fond of the Har Gao. The prawns were fresh with soft, translucent dumpling skins. We had more dumplings to share but I can't remember their fillings now. Especially it's not easy to translate them from Mandarin/Cantonese to English.

This may be vegetable dumplings?

Prawn and chives?

Xiao Long Bao - I don't recommend this one


BBQ Pork Buns - One of my favourite!

 
Another kind of prawn dumplings

Besides the steamed food, we had the 'Salt and Pepper squids' and egg tartlets for dessert!

Salt and Pepper Squid - Not bad

Egg Tarts - Pretty good

The egg tarts are pretty good. Instead of shortcrust pastry, Haoke's egg tart is made from puff pastry, making it quite flaky.

Overall, the dim sums were not too bad. Yeah, I will probably return one day when I start craving for yum cha again!


Haoke Chinese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Comments

  1. Haoke is one of the Yum Cha places I frequent because it is convenient. It doesn’t have the long queue like other places and parking isn’t too bad too. I agree that their Xiao Long Bao is not impressive. The dumpling skin couldn't really hold the soup :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, their Xiao Long Bao not as impressive as those in Taste Gallery, unfortunately. But the rest of their dim sums are pretty good.

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for a great yum cha place since moving to Brisbane - will try this one soon :-) Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove