Ave & Cucina Coffee Bar



Ave and Cucina Coffee Bar, Coorparoo

Cooking and food shows have become so popular in the recent years. I think the hype really started from MasterChef Australia by Network Ten and then followed by 'My Kitchen Rules' from Network Seven. My housemate, G and I decided that we are going to visit the cafe opened by the Season 1 winner (Veronica and Shadi) from My Kitchen Rules.


The day has come and both of us were very excited! We went there for lunch and it was already quite packed with people. It took quite a while before being served and during that time G and I were busily taking pictures. Later, we were being told by Veronica that she prefers us not to post up the menu. No problem! [I was actually shocked and suprised when I saw her!]


Shadi's Breakfast Wrap - messy eggs, bacon, grilled haloumi and herbed mushrooms wrapped in Lebanese bread with ave made tomato relish - $14.90

Marinated Grilled Chicken - $18.90

Flat White - $3.50
G had the grilled chicken and I had the breakfast wrap. G thought that the chicken was a bit dry and it is probably better if there is more sauce for it. Other than that, it was an all right dish. 


The portion of the breakfast wrap was quite huge and there's generous amount of bacon and mushrooms. I was starving that time and I could not be bothered to use the cutlery. Straight away, I picked them up with my fingers and took the first bite! Yum! I liked the whole combination of bacon, eggs, mushrooms and especially haloumi. The tomato relish was a good addition to the meal.


My flat white was good! It was rich and creamy.... Even better, mine was prepared by Veronica because the barista was having his lunch break that time.


Overall it was a good dining experience for both us!




Ave Cucina & Coffee Bar on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove