Oatmeal cookies

Procrastinating as usual.... 


I bought my groceries in the morning and this 1 kg packet of rolled oats is 'sitting' on my chair tempting me to open it! I know, of all things, oats as temptation? Too late for breakfast at this time of the day, I decided to bake some oatmeal cookies.


Recipe 
Ingredients A:
1 1/4 cup of plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup of muesli (since I don't have any dried fruits)


Ingredients B:
100 g butter
1 cup brown sugar (but I used white sugar, I ran out of brown sugar)
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract


Method:

  1. Beat butter and sugar until mixture is quite fluffy.
  2. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix.
  3. Now, add ingredients A into the mix until the dough starts to come together.
  4. Put about a tablespoon size of dough onto a pan (greased or lined with baking paper).
  5. Bake at 180 C for 15 minutes. Bake longer if you want the cookies to be crunchy.
Oatmeal Cookies
I pressed the dough with a fork before baking it in the oven. It does not contain any peanut. A friend once said that cookies with fork imprint has peanut in them. 

I added a piece of dark chocolate for the last batch!
The verdict:
I like this oatmeal cookie recipe. It's simple and easy. The cookie is not too sweet and quite crunchy. Yum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove