Leg Bracelet

An individual with drug addictions has a recurrent psychoactive drug abuse and consumption of drugs will eventually disrupt the person's ability to function normally. The rewarding effect such as euphoria due to drug intake positively reinforced the individual's addiction. So, why am I talking about this and how is it related to leg bracelet? 

Where should I begin?
It all started on Chinese New Year's Eve in 19xx ( I can't remember how old I was, maybe 8 or 9 yo). Our family had steamboat for dinner in grandmother's house. All family members will usually congregate in grandma's house for Chinese New Year Eve's dinner where everyone will sit around a big table standing eating steamboat. Fun times! After dinner, my family will usually go to the Chinese temples for prayers at midnight.

Let's assume I was eight that year and it was not an ideal age to carry burning joss sticks around, trying to squish yourself among sweaty, eager people in the temple. So, my parents left me outside the temple and I was happy to be left outside where I don't have to inhale the heavily incensed air. The smoke can just make you tear (just like when you are cutting an onion)! What can an eight year old girl do that time? Basically nothing....

I vaguely remember that I was squatting on the floor looking at burning candles.... Seriously what was I thinking?!?? I guess burning flame managed to capture my full attention until I did not realized that someone had managed to nick my leg bracelet! The thief turned out to be a drug addict and later demanded my dad to pay him some money if I want the bracelet back.... I don't remember what had happened in between but I think I got my leg bracelet back in the end!

Few lessons to learn here I guess:
1) Never leave a child alone outside unattended
2) Don't wear unnessary jewellery like a leg bracelet

I should be thankful that I was not kidnapped and sold as a child slave somewhere in the other side of the world! I can't imagine what life will be that time ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove