A Week's Break - The Final Pit Stop

Final Pit Stop: Chouquette, New Farm

I have been craving for desserts for quite some time and I had read that Chouquette produces good French pastries and bread. Time to give it a go! After work, my housemate (G) and I were on the way to New Farm and got there about 10 am. There was already a queue but luckily we managed to find a seat inside. 


Should have seen my face when I walked inside! I probably looked so 'pathetic' smiling so widely that time BECAUSE I was really excited! There are couple of things that will make me really happy, for example dogs or food (especially good food!)... While queuing, you better decide quickly what you want before paying at the counter. We ordered these:

Shades of Chocolate - $6.90
Layers of light mousse - dark, milk and white chocolate with a crunchy base

Cappuccino - $3.50

Macaroons - strawberry and chocolate $3/each

Chocolate eclair - $4.90

Almond croissant - $5
I liked the almond croissant and chocolate eclair the best while G liked the 'Shades of Chocolate'. It seemed that their almond croissants are selling fast because I can see the worker refilling them quite often. After having tasted coffee from Campos, their coffee was all right, just not as thick and creamy.

We both prefer the chocolate to strawberry macaroon. They were pretty good but still cannot be compared to the Laduree macaroons I had in Paris!

I will definitely go back to try other pastries or bread. Both of us hit the gym after that sugar rush...




Chouquette on Urbanspoon

Comments

  1. have to try their apple turnover. simply the best. but they run out rather quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove