Mints Vietnamese & Asian Cuisine

The menu... 

B and I visited a vietnamese restaurant, 'Mints Vietnamese & Asian Cuisine' in Paddington last Thursday. It was packed with people even though it's only the weekdays!

Many people = good sign = good food? 

Maybe because it was a busy night, service was not particularly good. It took quite a while to be seated, to have the menu and have our order taken. Anyway, food arrived pretty past after the ordering...
Transparent prawn and pork roll (3) - $11
We ordered the prawn and pork vietnamese rolls for entree. They were all right. It seems that most people ordered the 'wrap your own rice paper and salad wrap'.

Rice Vermicelli Salad Bowl with grilled marinated beef - $ 13.90
B had the vermicelli with marinated beef. B said that it tasted pretty good although I still think that the vermicelli in Tan Thanh tasted better since there's spring roll and it's cheaper there too!

BBQ Pork with noodle and wanton soup - $13.90
As for me, I had the BBQ pork with wanton noodle soup. I haven't had BBQ pork for so long and I think they used egg noodles for this dish. I like this dish, the soup had a good balance of flavour and it's not too salty or sweet.

The verdict:
  • good food
  • a little expensive (in comparison to Tan Thanh but need to consider the travelling distance to Inala!)
  • service can be improved (but I understand that it was a busy night)

Mints Vietnamese & Asian Cuisine on Urbanspoon

Comments

  1. Oh gosh, i love Asian FOOD!!! I am filipino woman who just came here in Paddington, been looking for Asian restaurants and came across with your blog. I am a big fan of Chinese and Thai Cuisine, I am also looking for a buffet asian restaurant so I could get more choices of food. The prawns look really good on this picture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove