Little Larder

Little Larder, New Farm


New Farm seems to be the place to go to for breakfast! Following my GPS, I drove past Cirque and Chouquette before reaching Little Larder. I am amazed looking at people queuing in both Cirque and Chouquette. Well, I am not surprised to see that there's already a line in Little Larder too. 


G and I waited for about 10 minutes before we got our seats. Unintentionally, I heard one of the worker said to a customer that he can make a booking in the future and don't have to wait in line that time. Maybe this is only for the regulars because she did not tell us this.


That morning, I opt for juice instead of coffee. I had coffee the previous night and could not sleep until late...


Watermelon, pineapple and mint juice - $5.50
I can definitely taste the watermelon and pineapple but not mint unless I chew the mint leaves. I should have ordered the coffee or smoothie, I guess.

Eggs benedict with smokes salmon and spinach $ 16
I haven't had eggs benedict for quite some time (few months maybe?) and quite miss it! Just trying the hollandaise sauce itself, it is runnier than other sauce I've tasted and quite salty. But, combining the sauce with other elements, it was pretty good. The eggs were poached perfectly and the bread is toasted to perfection with the right thickness! 


Pesto scrambled eggs served on sourdough with sausages
G ordered the pesto scrambled eggs. This must be a quite popular dish because most people I saw had this dish on their table. Hehe, I tried some of G's scrambled eggs and yup, I think it's pretty good. I can definitely taste the pesto flavoured eggs with hints of spring onions.

Skinny cappuccino
I had a sip of G's cappuccino and it's good. The downside is that, G prefers to have coffee together with the meal but the coffee arrived after she nearly finishes her pesto scrambled eggs.

The verdict:
  • cool and funky ambience
  • good food
  • good service



Little Larder on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tibetan Kitchen

Newmarket Hotel

Milk Cafe, Ashgrove